Not every treatment requires a pre-operative consultation, however, your initial appointment will consist of a consultation and Dr. Flugrad will explain your treatment options. If intravenous (I.V.) sedation is requested, a pre-operative history and physical will be done to include a heart/lung exam and vital signs. Most, if not all sedation appointments, are done on the second visit. Make sure you alert Dr. Flugrad of any medical problems and medications that you are taking. (e.g. aspirin, diabetes medication, heart medication) If it is felt that a medical consult by your family physician is required, you will be asked to bring clearance back from your physician.
- Bring x-rays from your referring doctor. If these x-rays are not diagnostic, a new radiograph might have to be taken.
- Your referral slip from your doctor outlining the procedures requested.
- Medical/ Dental insurance cards.
- List of current medications.
- If you are under 18 years of age, you must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- If you are going to have I.V. sedation, you must have an adult who can drive you home that will be responsible. You can not be discharged to a taxi.
- Notify our office of any abnormal problems you might have had at another office.
Please download and fill out the applications before your visit.